Jeanneau Thames is a trading style of :
- TBS Boats Bray Limited, a company registered in England & Wales (02721811) and trading at Bray Marina, Monkey Island Lane, Bray, Berkshire SL6 2EB.
TBS Boats Bray Limited respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data at all times and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation. This Privacy Notice describes how we collect, use and process your personal data and how in doing so, we comply with our legal obligations to you.
Personal data means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). During our communications with you – whether over the telephone, face to face, in written communications, via email or via our website www.tbsboats.com – we may collect from you and keep a record of the following personal data:
- Identity Data including first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth, gender and occupation.
- Contact Data including billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data including bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data including details about payments to and from you and details of products you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data including internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our website.
- Profile Data including purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data including information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data including your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by communicating with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you: access our products or services; subscribe to our services, publications or mailing list; request marketing to be sent to you; enter a competition, promotion or survey; or give us some feedback.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
- Technical Data from advertising networks, search information providers, analytics providers and website hosting providers;
- Identity, Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment, delivery, warranty, insurance, marina, website hosting, marketing, banking and customer relationship management services;
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly availably sources such as Companies House.
We will only use your personal data where the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests, such as actioning a request for products and services pre-contract, confirming provenance and service history of a vessel and title and VAT documentation.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
|Purpose/Activity||Type of data||Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest|
|To register you as a new potential or actual customer||(a) Identity (b) Contact||(a) Performance of a contract with you (b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (source products and services as requested)|
|To process and deliver your order including: (a) Manage payments, fees and charges (b) Collect and recover money owed to us (c) Dealing with manufacturers, suppliers, builders and repairers of vessels and component products and services (d) Confirming provenance and service history of a vessel and title and VAT documentation.||(a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Financial (d) Transaction (e) Marketing and Communications||(a) Performance of a contract with you (b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (source products and services as requested)|
|To assist in the event of injury or illness while on our premises||(a) Identity (b) Contact||(a) Performance of a contract with you (b) Necessary for your legitimate interests (to protect health and safety) (c) Necessary to protect your vital interests|
|To enable you to participate in a prize draw, competition or complete a survey||(a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Profile (d) Usage (e) Marketing and Communications||(a) Performance of a contract with you (b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them and grow our business)|
|To administer and protect our business and our website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)||(a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Technical||(a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise) (b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation|
|To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you||(a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Profile (d) Usage (e) Marketing and Communications (f) Technical||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)|
|To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences||(a) Technical (b) Usage||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy)|
|To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you||(a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Technical (d) Usage (e) Profile||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our products/services and grow our business)|
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising. We have established the following personal data control mechanisms:
- Promotional offers from us
- We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing).
- You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us or if you provided us with your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
- Third-party marketing
- We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any company outside the TBS Boats Bray Limited, TBS Boats Penton Hook Limited and TBS Boats Hamble Limited group of companies for marketing purposes.
- Opting out
- You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time.
- Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase, warranty registration, product/service experience or other transactions.
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us. If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so. Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions. TBS Boats Bray Limited may share your personal data for the purposes set out in the table above with the following:
- With our associated business – Bray Craning Limited.
- Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets.
- Third party warranty providers based in the UK, European Economic Area (EEA) and USA acting as processors or joint controllers for products purchased.
- Third party insurance providers based in the UK acting as processors or joint controllers for products purchased.
- Third party marina operators and agencies based in the UK, EEA and USA acting as processors or joint controllers for products purchased.
- Third parties based in the UK acting as processors who provide medical assistance in the event of an accident or injury.
- Service providers based in the UK, EEA and USA acting as processors who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers acting as processors or joint controllers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers based in the UK who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- HM Revenue & Customs, the Environment Agency, regulators and other authorities acting as processors or joint controllers based in the UK.
- Third party manufacturers, suppliers, builders and repairers of vessels and component products and services, in each case acting as processors or joint controllers.
- Third party providers based in the UK and USA acting as processors or joint controllers for email marketing purposes.
- Future vessel owners based in the UK, EEA and outside of the EEA acting as processors or joint controllers for transactional purposes.
- Third party registry of ships based in the UK, EEA and outside of the EEA acting as processors or joint controllers for the purpose of updating ownership.
Some of our external third parties may be based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA. Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in the EEA.
- Where we use providers based in the USA, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the EEA and the USA.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means and the applicable legal requirements.
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. This may include the right to:
- Request access to your personal data - this enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal data - where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it; where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below); where we may have processed your information unlawfully; or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law.
- Object to processing of your personal data - where we are relying on a legitimate interest and you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms; or where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data - this enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data's accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party - we will provide to you or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
- firstname.lastname@example.org, 01628 773177 or TBS Boats Bray Limited, Bray Marina, Monkey Island Lane, Bray, Berkshire SL6 2EB.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), if you do not think we are handling your data correctly. The ICO can be contacted on 0303 123 1113. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO and so please contact us in this first instance.